Thursday, January 13, 2011

Starting The Year Right - Physical Health

Do you ever find yourself bathing in a tub of Cheetos?  If so, this post may be for you.  


With this our final installment of our value inventory, we turn our attention to our physical health.  Although the odd Cheeto now and again will not likely be the difference between a life of longevity and an imminent heart attack, there is a lot that can happen in between.  There are a few things, many of which are modifiable, that ultimately determine our health status.  We've just spent a couple weeks in the mental health realm, and for the next little while we'll turn our attention to some of the basic determinants of health.


So, for one last time:


1.  How important is my physical health? (0 - not important, 1 - moderately so, 2 - very important)
2.  How satisfied am I with my current state of health? (0 - not satisfied, 1 - moderately so, or 2 - very satisfied)
3.  What are some intentions in this area?  Here are some questions to get you rolling.  How and why do I take care of myself?  Why do I want to take care of my body and my health through what I eat, by exercising, or by being physically fit?
4.  What are some barriers to moving forward in these intentions?

Speak soon,

Dr. B

No comments:

Post a Comment