Sunday, January 9, 2011

Starting The Year Right - Spirituality

While the ability to sprint across water is not a talent most of us have, that shouldn't keep us from trying. With only a few more areas to consider before we wrap up our attempt to start 2011 off well, we turn our attention to the metaphysical. I also want to let the readers know I'll be conducting a personal evaluation of my values and intentions surrounding grammar.  As I wrote the title to this blog, I realized that the phrase "starting the year right" does not exactly demonstrate mastery of the english language.  Regardless, for the sake of continuity, I'll persist in my error.


Spirituality is a dimension that helps shape one's worldview, value system, and can help connect with a sense of meaning and purpose.  Ultimately spirituality can take many forms (belief systems, religion, practices.. drinking the koolaid), and the purpose here is just to focus some attention on that area of our lives.


So with respect to spirituality,



1.  How important it is to you? (0 - not important, 1 - moderately so, 2 - very important)
2.  How satisfied are you in that area? (0 - not satisfied, 1 - moderately so, 2 - very important)
3.  If you considered it important, let's consider setting some intentions.  Here are some primers to get you going.  What are the mysteries of life before which I stand in awe?  What are the things larger than my own life that inspire me?  In what (if anything) do I have faith?
4.  What are some obstacles for me moving forward in this area?

Speak soon,

Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment